Parse Excel to CDT

Please advice on below issue :
--> when I do parse excel to cdt of column having number which of 10 digit Ex: 1420660768 in Excel is converted to 1.420661e+09. Please let me know any way to fix this one. I don't want to append "Appostrophe" infront of number as business used case is to create excel from other System DB and Upload it in Appian.

OriginalPostID-239024

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I think you would need to modify the plugin to fix this issue. If the cell value is a number the java library used will return it as such even if the column is formatted as text in the Excel spreadsheet. It then runs into Appian's inability to handle large numbers so you get the exponential notation. I have had this issue recently myself but fortunatelty was able to get the source system to prefix the values with a fixed character which I then removed in process.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I think you would need to modify the plugin to fix this issue. If the cell value is a number the java library used will return it as such even if the column is formatted as text in the Excel spreadsheet. It then runs into Appian's inability to handle large numbers so you get the exponential notation. I have had this issue recently myself but fortunatelty was able to get the source system to prefix the values with a fixed character which I then removed in process.
Children
No Data