Parse Excel to CDT

Please advice on below issue :
--> when I do parse excel to cdt of column having number which of 10 digit Ex: 1420660768 in Excel is converted to 1.420661e+09. Please let me know any way to fix this one. I don't want to append "Appostrophe" infront of number as business used case is to create excel from other System DB and Upload it in Appian.

OriginalPostID-239024

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would like to add my experiences here, since I just ran into the same issue. In most of my excel templates I use a hidden sheet that replicates the first sheet where we can control column formatting, as user pasted text may be auto-formatted by Excel. I run macros on save to move values only from the first user-facing sheet to a hidden second sheet with defined formats, the excel import then utilizes sheet #2. Only down side so far is that users have to click the 'Enable Macros' button before saving their file prior to upload. For this notation issue, I modified the macros to add a "^" character to the beginning of the text, which is parsed out in the workflow via expression rule, before saving to the primary CDT. Works great!
  • I would like to add my experiences here, since I just ran into the same issue. In most of my excel templates I use a hidden sheet that replicates the first sheet where we can control column formatting, as user pasted text may be auto-formatted by Excel. I run macros on save to move values only from the first user-facing sheet to a hidden second sheet with defined formats, the excel import then utilizes sheet #2. Only down side so far is that users have to click the 'Enable Macros' button before saving their file prior to upload. For this notation issue, I modified the macros to add a "^" character to the beginning of the text, which is parsed out in the workflow via expression rule, before saving to the primary CDT. Works great!
Children
No Data