Process Management Services

We are using version 1.0.0 from this shared component to delete process instances for clean up.

The delete process option works fine when passed an array of integers of a small size. But, if I pass an array of a large size the delete node output success status gets set to false; also I realized the errortxt gets set to process does not exist (may be some of the processes were already killed before).

When I checked the process instances after executing delete operation, I found that some were actually deleted but others were still active in the system. I could not identify any pattern for this behaviour though.

Are there any constraints I have to watch for when using this plug-in?

OriginalPostID-242217

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @mohamedb To the best of my knowledge, one of the reasons I could guess out of my memory is, the array being inputted to smart service might be having process ids whose corresponding processes may actually be deleted.

You may do as follows, to quickly confirm the above-mentioned behavior:
    1. Build a process report by making a 'Save as' copy of All Processes report. Make sure that newly created report just consists of processId or pp!id.
    2. Query the report created above with the process ids (that are in your hand and needs to be deleted) by making use of a!queryProcessAnalytics(). The output of this should be those process ids that exist in Appian, and inexistent (deleted/archived) ones will be filtered out as we are interacting with a report to get only those that are in the environment.
    3. Input the Delete Process smart service with the process ids that are obtained from above step.

As far as my experience is considered in working with this, there isn't any constraint(until and unless there is a limit mentioned in API, you could verify by seeing the function used in smart service and then check for its documentation in API) and the only problem we faced is the deleted instances which we resolved by opting for above-mentioned approach.