userSearch Function and LDAP

#LDAP #userSearchI'm importing the manager field from LDAP into a customField1. The value that comes from Active Directory is "CN=Jetson\\, George,OU=Users,OU=Metropolis,DC=SpacelySprockets,DC=local "i can isolate the first name and last name by usign the extract(), substitute() and split() functions. split( substitute( extract(user(ri!user,"customField1"),"CN=",",OU="),"\\",""),",") which results in a list of text string "Jetson; George"Since the value property of userSearch() takes a "list of Text String" I should be able to pass the output of the split function to the userSearch function and get gjetson, the user expected. I can confirm the user exists by trying this piece of code... usersearch({"lastName","firstName"},{1,1}, {"Jetson","George"}) and confirm the user gjetson is returned.however, when I try using the output of split as the value property, it always returns a null. I've tried multiple permutations. loa...

OriginalPostID-248022

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This was the final resolution in case anyone is interested... split( clean(substitute( substitute( extract( user(ri!user,"customField1"), "CN=", ",OU=" ), "\\,", ""),"'","")), " ") ...the second substitute removes apostrophe's like O'dell. The clean() removes any extra white space. I'm sure there will be other special cases to remove but this works for now. Thanks for the help.
  • This was the final resolution in case anyone is interested... split( clean(substitute( substitute( extract( user(ri!user,"customField1"), "CN=", ",OU=" ), "\\,", ""),"'","")), " ") ...the second substitute removes apostrophe's like O'dell. The clean() removes any extra white space. I'm sure there will be other special cases to remove but this works for now. Thanks for the help.
Children
No Data