Parse Excel to CDT vs Parse CSV Document

What is the difference between Parse Excel to CDT and Parse CSV Document. My requirement is to read only specific columns from a excel sheet and skip some columns. What would be the best recommendation ?

OriginalPostID-269808

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Please refer to the below for "Parse Excel to CDT":
    forum.appian.com/.../summary

Where as "Parse CSV Document" is a smart service ussed to parse CSV files based on the delimiter. Tou need to configure the following details for the CSV parser to work:
    "C S V Document","Contains_Header_Row"(True/False),Delimiter and configure the input parameters as col1, col2 etc for each column that you want to retrieve from the CSV file. In the output you can collect the column data by accing the activity class variables(col1,col2).

As "Parse Excel to CDT" parses the data for which the CDT fields are matched with the column name in the excel, I feel that in your case "Parse Excel to CDT" is better option when compare to the "Parse CSV Document".
  • Please refer to the below for "Parse Excel to CDT":
    forum.appian.com/.../summary

Where as "Parse CSV Document" is a smart service ussed to parse CSV files based on the delimiter. Tou need to configure the following details for the CSV parser to work:
    "C S V Document","Contains_Header_Row"(True/False),Delimiter and configure the input parameters as col1, col2 etc for each column that you want to retrieve from the CSV file. In the output you can collect the column data by accing the activity class variables(col1,col2).

As "Parse Excel to CDT" parses the data for which the CDT fields are matched with the column name in the excel, I feel that in your case "Parse Excel to CDT" is better option when compare to the "Parse CSV Document".
Children
No Data