Portals on Community Edition - Can't save form input from Portal to DSE

A Score Level 1

Hi everyone,  

We're trying out Portals on a Community Edition. We've set up a test form on an interface, DSE, web-api, connected system, and integration. Portal publishes, works, looks good. 

But on a Community Edition environment, how do I get an import customization file that's needed for the Portal to save info from the test form? The usual ways https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.1/Managing_Import_Customization_Files.html#download-a-template-file aren't available in the Community Edition. As I understand, I can't save info from the Portal to my data store without it.

Many thanks,

Uel

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Sorry for the confusion in getting this set up! We are looking to make both the product and the documentation better in this area.

For now, there are 2 ways you can get get the integration to web API connection working on a Community Edition site:

1. Instead of using a connected system, reference the API key as a header directly in the integration object (Header Name -> Appian-API-Key)
    2. Follow these steps to get the Connected System's UUID and put it in a properties file:
      1. Create your Connected System
      2. Create a constant object of type connected system that points to your new connected system.
      3. Create an expression rule, and inside the rule run test the following expression:
        getcontentobjectdetailsbyid(cons!<your connected system constant name>)
      4. Take the UUID, and add it to a text file like is listed below along with your API key. This .properties file can be uploaded with your portal to enable integrations to connect back to your site. (Make sure you have enabled editing file extensions, and save it as a .properties file.

## Connected System: <your connected system name>
        connectedSystem.<your connected system UUID>.baseUrl=<your site URL>
        connectedSystem.<your connected system UUID>.apiKeyValue=<your API key>
Children