Portals on Community Edition - Can't save form input from Portal to DSE

A Score Level 1

Hi everyone,  

We're trying out Portals on a Community Edition. We've set up a test form on an interface, DSE, web-api, connected system, and integration. Portal publishes, works, looks good. 

But on a Community Edition environment, how do I get an import customization file that's needed for the Portal to save info from the test form? The usual ways https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.1/Managing_Import_Customization_Files.html#download-a-template-file aren't available in the Community Edition. As I understand, I can't save info from the Portal to my data store without it.

Many thanks,

Uel

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to alex.ladue

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the confirming this approach. This is exactly what I have done. I am however getting another (very strange) error when calling the web api, i.e. `The System Has Encountered an Error - HTTP Code: 500`.

Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = #####:####] at function a!buttonWidget [line 893]: Invalid Rule UUID in expression: ########-####-####-####-############

Line 893 is where I call the integration with the `Appian-API-Key` hardcoded as a header.

a!buttonWidget(
      label: "Submit",
      icon: "check-circle",
      saveInto: rule!Integration_apiPOSTToWebAPIEndpoint(
        payload: local!payload,
        onSuccess: {
          a!save(local!result, fv!result),
          a!save(local!competitionEntry, null)
        },
        onError: {
          a!save(local!connectedSystem, fv!connectedSystem),
          a!save(local!result, fv!result),
          a!save(local!error, fv!error)
        }
      ),
      submit: true,
      style: "PRIMARY",
      loadingIndicator: true,
      validate: true
    )

I have tested the integration, web api and the the submit button - they all work as expected. When deployed as a portal on Appian CE, it fails with the error provided above. I have looked at the log files and cannot find any clues.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

Children