Shortcut of a related action not visible

I have defined a related action in a record, where the visibility of the related action is set on a result of process report(configured in expression rule) which returns true or false. When the result is set to true I am unable to see the related action in the record view, however I can see it when I explicitly clicked related actions. Have anyone faced this issue in the past ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I am having this issue too (on 17.3).
    I configured a new related action, and created an expression rule to govern its visibility; the expression rule takes rp!id and returns true or false.

The related action shows up fine on the Related Actions TAB. However it won't show up on the Summary tab after adding it there. Other related actions show up fine on the Summary tab.

If I replace the expression for related action visibility, commenting out the rule and simply writing "true()", it then DOES show up on the Summary tab.

I've been troubleshooting this issue for over 20 minutes now and can find no logic to it. I will probably submit a support case unless anyone from this thread has come up with any insight in the last month.

EDIT: of course I figured it out right after submitting this post.  My expression rule was returning "list of boolean" instead of singular boolean, since I'm using an old-fashioned query rule to fetch the main CDT based on the ID.  I was able to manually index the result to return a single value and this fixed the issue.

Certified Lead Developer

I am having this issue too (on 17.3).
    I configured a new related action, and created an expression rule to govern its visibility; the expression rule takes rp!id and returns true or false.

The related action shows up fine on the Related Actions TAB. However it won't show up on the Summary tab after adding it there. Other related actions show up fine on the Summary tab.

If I replace the expression for related action visibility, commenting out the rule and simply writing "true()", it then DOES show up on the Summary tab.

I've been troubleshooting this issue for over 20 minutes now and can find no logic to it. I will probably submit a support case unless anyone from this thread has come up with any insight in the last month.

EDIT: of course I figured it out right after submitting this post.  My expression rule was returning "list of boolean" instead of singular boolean, since I'm using an old-fashioned query rule to fetch the main CDT based on the ID.  I was able to manually index the result to return a single value and this fixed the issue.

Children
No Data