Process model: 2 step form that saves to 2 different data stores

Hi, 

I am trying to create a form to add a new employee record.

On page 1 I have created an interface to enter personal details (name, age, gender ect...). 

On page 2 I have created an interface to enter job information (job role, department ect...). 

Personal details and job information are in 2 separate data stores. This is so if an employee changes job titles, that will be recorded. In future I could manipulate the dataset and see multiple job roles attached to a particular employee. 

My question is: how should I configure the process model so that the forms have a seamless transition from page 1 to page 2 and for the data to save in Employee DataStore on page 1, and data to save in JobInfo DataStore on page 2? 

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Eric

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    When selecting the button that updates your local!page number to take you to the next page, you should be able to trigger a a!writeToDataStoreEntity() function within the buttonWidget's saveInto definition. This should allow you to keep the seemless page transition and saving to the DB all while still on the same interface rule. Hope this helps!
    Certified Senior Developer
    When selecting the button that updates your local!page number to take you to the next page, you should be able to trigger a a!writeToDataStoreEntity() function within the buttonWidget's saveInto definition. This should allow you to keep the seemless page transition and saving to the DB all while still on the same interface rule. Hope this helps!
Children
No Data