I have created a process model that allows assignment of requests to users. The

I have created a process model that allows assignment of requests to users. The user field I created as a people field, I thought it worked well to be able to start typing and have the field populate from the users in the system. Works great, but I now want to un-assign a request from a user and if I remove the name from the filed as soon as I save the request the name is put back.

I thought about creating an un-assigned user in the system but that seems like too much of a hack. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you solve the problem....

OriginalPostID-88223

OriginalPostID-88223

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am not sure if I am explaining my process correctly. Let me try again.
    1. A request has been entered into the system
    2. Project Manager comes along and decides to have John Smith work on the request. John Smith is a user in Appian and listed in people. So when the manager opens the request to assign it to John the Assignee field is blank until the manager starts typing it then displays a list of users that meet the criteria entered by the manager, who can select someone (John Smith). The request is assigned to John.
    3. Another request comes into the system that is of a higher priority than the request that was assigned to John. So we want to assign this request to John and un-assign the other request.

The problem is once John's name is in the request it can only be removed by entering someone else's name. I would like to be able to make the assignee field blank (meaning unassigned).
  • I am not sure if I am explaining my process correctly. Let me try again.
    1. A request has been entered into the system
    2. Project Manager comes along and decides to have John Smith work on the request. John Smith is a user in Appian and listed in people. So when the manager opens the request to assign it to John the Assignee field is blank until the manager starts typing it then displays a list of users that meet the criteria entered by the manager, who can select someone (John Smith). The request is assigned to John.
    3. Another request comes into the system that is of a higher priority than the request that was assigned to John. So we want to assign this request to John and un-assign the other request.

The problem is once John's name is in the request it can only be removed by entering someone else's name. I would like to be able to make the assignee field blank (meaning unassigned).
Children
No Data