Two Forms, One Process Model: Can It Be Done?

Hello! I have two forms, both very much alike. I currently have two process models for both, but I wonder if I can have a single process model. If possible, how can I configure my process model to access two forms?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

All process models can have any number of user input tasks, each with a form associated.  You can link them so you go from one to the next.  You can also add activity chaining so you immediately load the next one as soon as the first is done.

You can even have the tasks both show the same form, but have the form look different by making the variables you put in different.

Certified Lead Developer

I echo what already said, but in addition, the particulars of this implementation depend on details you didn't really include.  What exactly do you need regarding access to both forms from one process model? 

For example, one specific scenario would be that you have a process model with one user input task and you'd like to give the user the ability to open either form from that task.  In that case you could do one of three different main approaches: 1, create a new "parent" form which allows the user to click a link or button in which case the "child" form will be shown via on-form logic.  2, create just a "selector" form and have in-process branching take the user to the correct next task; or 3, condense the 2 forms down to one form and use on-form logic to decide which different features to show or not show depending on the situation.

• In addition to these, do you mean start form? If yes then you can only have one form. Only thing is since the form are more or less simmilar you can have only one interface but display one specific fields applicable to particular scenario

• Hi. No I mean two forms/interfaces. They're the same form, with one minor difference. I just want applicants to be able to work with the form as normal, but only have to use one PM

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to benjamins0003

There's no limit to the number of forms you can put on a PM.  I can make a PM with 50 forms if I want to.  They can all be exactly the same or completely different.

The same way you add one form, you just do it again, and again, and again, as many times as you want.

Unless you're talking about start forms.  There's only 1 start form.  You add a User Input Task after that to have the user enter a new form after that one.  And you activity chain if you want the user to fill out the second form right after they're done with the first one.  Without activity chaining, the user will have to go to tasks tab and wait to be assigned the second form.

• As suggested by most of people, it all depends on your business logic and how you implement it

• Lots of good input here - 

I agree with what's been said already - There are valid use cases for processing different forms through the same PM.  As other's pointed out, if your two forms only have very few differences, and you're considering processing with the same PM, why not streamline down to 1 form that conditionally shows the variable/different components as needed?