Two Forms, One Process Model: Can It Be Done?

Hello! I have two forms, both very much alike. I currently have two process models for both, but I wonder if I can have a single process model. If possible, how can I configure my process model to access two forms?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I echo what already said, but in addition, the particulars of this implementation depend on details you didn't really include.  What exactly do you need regarding access to both forms from one process model? 

For example, one specific scenario would be that you have a process model with one user input task and you'd like to give the user the ability to open either form from that task.  In that case you could do one of three different main approaches: 1, create a new "parent" form which allows the user to click a link or button in which case the "child" form will be shown via on-form logic.  2, create just a "selector" form and have in-process branching take the user to the correct next task; or 3, condense the 2 forms down to one form and use on-form logic to decide which different features to show or not show depending on the situation.

Certified Lead Developer

I echo what already said, but in addition, the particulars of this implementation depend on details you didn't really include.  What exactly do you need regarding access to both forms from one process model? 

For example, one specific scenario would be that you have a process model with one user input task and you'd like to give the user the ability to open either form from that task.  In that case you could do one of three different main approaches: 1, create a new "parent" form which allows the user to click a link or button in which case the "child" form will be shown via on-form logic.  2, create just a "selector" form and have in-process branching take the user to the correct next task; or 3, condense the 2 forms down to one form and use on-form logic to decide which different features to show or not show depending on the situation.

Children
No Data