How can I change the person who start a process, to do it default

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to set a user or group by default for a process model? Not who starts the process!

I´ve seen that it´s possible select "Run as the person who designed this process model", but I don´t know if this solve the problem.. (I want to use the creator of process, but im not sure the designer is the same person)

In other way, this is a sub-process model box. How can I do it with the father (not sub-process)?

Thanks for your time! Best regards!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

If you have an input task, it should be possible to assign that to a specific user, and afterward you can use activity chaining with "Override Node Assignment" selected to maintain assignment across all nodes that follow for that process.  That should also make the person you chose the initiator of any subprocesses.

If this is fully automated from start to finish, I don't know how you would go about solving this.  The other problem is that if you make it a person, it would have to be configured such that this one person alone in all the organization would be able to start this process.  That would leave a single point of failure which is quite a bad thing to have.

Can you elaborate further on the use case and why it is so important that the particular person / group you have chosen be the assignee?

Certified Lead Developer

If you have an input task, it should be possible to assign that to a specific user, and afterward you can use activity chaining with "Override Node Assignment" selected to maintain assignment across all nodes that follow for that process.  That should also make the person you chose the initiator of any subprocesses.

If this is fully automated from start to finish, I don't know how you would go about solving this.  The other problem is that if you make it a person, it would have to be configured such that this one person alone in all the organization would be able to start this process.  That would leave a single point of failure which is quite a bad thing to have.

Can you elaborate further on the use case and why it is so important that the particular person / group you have chosen be the assignee?

Children
No Data