Related Action referring to Ghost Process Model version

I fixed my Process Model with help from the forums. When I ran the Record Related Action that was using it, I realized older version of my Process Model was getting picked.

So I made sure my latest corrected Process Model version had been published. It was and all older versions showed disabled. For good measure I deleted my Related Action on my Record and recreated it. Same problem. I know for sure the last but one version of my Process Model getting picked because when I monitor the instance and look at Variables in Process Details, I see the debug variables I had introduced.

In frustration, I deleted all previous versions of Process Model and only kept the one which works and which does not have any debug process variables. Once again, I deleted Record Related Action and created it again. For good measure, I also unpublished Application and published again.

I ran my Related Action again. SAME Problem. How in the world is my Related Action able to find a non-existent version of my Process Model and instantiate it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello,

I think conceptually there is something wrong of what you are doing.

You said that you introduced some debug variables to know which version of your process model you are running. For checking which version of the process model you are running, you should go to your application, select monitoring and check the version that the "Process Model" columns shows you.

That will help you to

1) check that the correct process model version is being picked up

2) See which values you variables are picking.

Additionally, if you have a process model with a start form, you can do "start process from debugging", that way you see better what is running.

I would not be removing and adding references and old versions of process models as it can leave you a mess behind. If you want to do further test, I would suggest to do a dummy interface with a constant that points to your process model and link to start the process model with a given parameters (for instance that way you can test with the values you should be giving from the related action)

Good luck!

• Hello,

I think conceptually there is something wrong of what you are doing.

You said that you introduced some debug variables to know which version of your process model you are running. For checking which version of the process model you are running, you should go to your application, select monitoring and check the version that the "Process Model" columns shows you.

That will help you to

1) check that the correct process model version is being picked up

2) See which values you variables are picking.

Additionally, if you have a process model with a start form, you can do "start process from debugging", that way you see better what is running.

I would not be removing and adding references and old versions of process models as it can leave you a mess behind. If you want to do further test, I would suggest to do a dummy interface with a constant that points to your process model and link to start the process model with a given parameters (for instance that way you can test with the values you should be giving from the related action)

Good luck!

Children
No Data