Scheduled Start of a task

Hi,

I defined a scheduled start to a process task based in one expression. This expression is one date and it's work. The task only appear in the list tasks on the date defined. But, I want the possibility to pick the task before the date that I defined in my expression. Is this possible? How can I do this?

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • A few more details on your use case would be helpful, but as the others noted here users will not be able to pickup a specific "task" before it's assignment time.  You could allow users to act on the underlying data via another method such as actions, related actions, launching a process from a report, etc - just not from their task list.  With any of these methods you would likely need a bypass in your scheduled process once it starts to see if the user had acted on the record ahead of time, and do not generate, or you will have nagging task notices when they already made their updates. 

Alternatively you would need to generate the task, have it available in their Tasks List but set due dates/escalations around the scheduled time. 

• A few more details on your use case would be helpful, but as the others noted here users will not be able to pickup a specific "task" before it's assignment time.  You could allow users to act on the underlying data via another method such as actions, related actions, launching a process from a report, etc - just not from their task list.  With any of these methods you would likely need a bypass in your scheduled process once it starts to see if the user had acted on the record ahead of time, and do not generate, or you will have nagging task notices when they already made their updates. 

Alternatively you would need to generate the task, have it available in their Tasks List but set due dates/escalations around the scheduled time. 

Children