Process model created by Basic User does not send email

On a cloud installation, process models created by a Basic User are not sending email.
The problem is limited to Send E-Mail nodes, task notifications work.

Send E-Mail nodes are configured as follows:
Run as whoever started the process

Even when run by a System Administrator, the nodes still do not send email.

If the process model is created by a System Administrator, it will send email, regardless of who started it.

I could not find documentation on what seems to be a weird permission problem. The Basic User I am testing with is in the following groups:

• Application Users
  • Database Administrators
  • Designers
  • Process Model Creators
  • Tempo Users
  • The custom groups defined as Viewer and Administrator for the specific process model (and relative folder)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Stefano,

Can you shed some light on how you have the Send Email Smart Service configured? It would be good if you could provide a screenshot.

Just some quick question to help the troubleshooting:

• Hello ,

thank you for the response.

To answer your questions:

• The smart service just sends an email from the process model to an application group.
    • The node is always completed with success, regardless of who started the process.
    • I believe I isolated a minimal example, excluding other causes. I have a replica of the above process model created by a System Administrator, and it works (even when the Basic User is starting it). Therefore, I am fairly sure that the email is not being sent, and that the only variable influencing it is the process model creator. This behavior is unexpected. Besides setting Run as whoever started the process on the smart service, I even tried making the target group Public and with Low privacy; still it does not work.
  • Yeah I'm a little surprised that the node is completing successfully but isn't sending an error. One question - do you see anything inside of the stdout log? That log is a catch all for all kinds of errrors, so you might see something there.

Also, it seems like your issue may be related to something else, but I'd still recommend having every node (except for User Input Tasks) to use "Run as whoever designed this process model". There's basically no downside to doing this, and it can prevent security issues in automated activities.

• stdout was empty.

Also, I tried the setting you suggested ("Run as whoever designed this process model"), although I think that it should not make a difference with my configuration.

Too "bad", by the time I was able to isolate this setting in tests, the issue had seemingly spontaneously resolved (see my answer).

Reply Children
No Data