Access Process Variables

Hi,

I need to access process variables in a "record type" object. I need the value of the variables that the active task of the process has in their data inputs. Is this possible? How can I do this?

Thank you,

Rita Ferreira

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm curious as to what the Use Case is...but you could create a Process Report which will be filtered by the Record Identifier (so you have to make sure the active process instance you want to report against does have the Record Identifier value in it), and your Process Report can expose the relevant process variables you want. Be aware that the values of the process variables may well be changing (as the process instances continues to run) whereas any User Interface that is presenting these values will only have the value at the last time the User Interface was refreshed.

• Hi Stewart,

Thank you for the response. Let me ask you something... With a Process Report we lost the information when the instance is deleted/archived? Because we will want acess the information of finalized processes in the future.

Thank you,

Rita Ferreira

• Hi Rita

Yes. So it would make more sense that if you need access to those values that you write them to the table that the Record is mapped to, so they're persisted beyond the life of the Process. 

What are the pv!s, how long do you need access to them for and what are you going to use them for?

• Theoretically, we would need the process variables to last for a long time, it would depend on the process initiated by the user. We already store some information in our database, but the information that is most difficult to access is defined directly in the process, in input data of tasks. Because we have a read-only mode where we can see the task information, but we can't edit the data. So, we need the values of variables to this task in particular in real time to use in this read-only mode.

• Theoretically, we would need the process variables to last for a long time, it would depend on the process initiated by the user. We already store some information in our database, but the information that is most difficult to access is defined directly in the process, in input data of tasks. Because we have a read-only mode where we can see the task information, but we can't edit the data. So, we need the values of variables to this task in particular in real time to use in this read-only mode.

Children
No Data