[Suggestion] Let the configuration values in the Data Managements tab of the Process properties be an expression

Suggestion: I'd like to suggest you update this tab values to an expression, so we can set constant values instead of literal values

All of the other tabs already have their values as expressions.

Reason: I'm having a 'corno job' changing more than 300 processes by hand. If I could change this to a constant, it would be easily changed by the next unfortunate one that needs to update this by just changing one constant.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've always been thinking this is more of a safeguard, since changing the process model archive settings will take immediate effect on all process instances in the system for that process model, also preventing us from setting these values dynamically for different instances, with the current platform.  I learned this early on in the Portal days, where process instances in-memory were necessary for reporting.  Lowering the process model archive settings immediately archived completed process instances, removing them from those portal reports.

For "updating process variables", are you attempting to add/remove PVs in running instances or just update theri values?  For bulk updates to pv values, I've always scripted that through 1 process which loops the Set External PVs service of the Get and Set External Process Variables plugin, based on process instance IDs retrieved from queryProcessAnalytics.

• What I want in the bulk change it's not to change the PVs, but the Process properties themselves, not the variables.

For example, for whom will trigger an alert if this fails?
    Today I need to change that field one by one. Usually, we have a default group that every error should be reported to them, we rarely specify a different group for each process.

Reply Children
No Data