Please add again the pv/tp/ac inside the expression editor of processes

Certified Senior Developer

Hi team,

please I hope that in the next release the engineer team will add again the selection of the process variable, task properties and activities class in the new expression editor because for designer is very useful to select instead of writing them and in addition this behaviour go in the opposite direction of the low-code and drag-and-drop message.

As an example selecting the pv name directly instead of writing pv! and try to remember the correct pv name is more faster and easy

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I too initially missed this when I realized it had gone...but I think the thinking is that you are provided with sufficient contextual help for it to not be missed AND that brings it into parity with the way the Expression Editor works outside of the Process Modeler.

For example, when you're working with MNI you'll already be aware of the tp! domain. Once you've picked the domain Appian auto-suggests the options within that domain like so:

...and then when you pick an option Appian auto-completes it for you.

I'd be curious as to what you think this doesn't give you and/or what the old tabbed version does give you that would warrant bringing it back again? (note that I am agnostic on this point and don't have a party line to defend, I genuinely am curious)

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

Hi stewart me too like the new expression editor I only hope that in future release Appian will implement a functionality more similar to the expression editor of rules with the list of tp,pv and ac on the left like what happen for ri and local variables and it would be possible to define new pv directly with a + add button

Reply Children
No Data