Send message

Certified Associate Developer

Hello ,

I am confused with the sending of messages. I want to send a message to a specific instance, I don't want to send a message to all instances of a process model. The only way I found is creating a condition in which I evaluate if the instance that I pass as a parameter is the instance that I want to receive the message.

For me this is not very efficient because all active instances will evaluate that condition to determine if the message is equal to the current instance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Raúl Gómez Moya

The documentation goes on to cover this case as well, just a bit further down:

Apologies as I haven't dealt with this stuff myself in a while, so I don't have any live examples (that i know of) in my environment to provide you with any additional clarification.

Edit to add: i whipped up a single-model tester for this and verified it myself.

Step 1: set a new mapping on the Send event (here named "target", it can be whatever name and type you want)

Step 2: on the Setup tab of the Receive node, create a Condition or Expression (or import the condition from "Import Custom Properties", although all this does is give you the message mapping names pre-staged, which you can do yourself eventually), and set the node condition to execute when the target is the correct value: