Process model deadline configuration

Hi,

I am trying to enable deadlines on process models and it is not working when I test it.
I also tried to enable on the nodes inside the process, and it is still not working.
What I need to do is set a time for the user, when a form is displayed, to take not more than 15 minutes to complete the form or the form shall automatically close and end the process.
I enabled the deadline on the user input task separately and it is still not working.
Anything I am doing wrong? or is there another way to create deadlines on forms?

Thank you
Jean Michel Mendelek

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Firstly: Deadlines on/in Process Models are just measures/provide metrics. You cannot use them programmatically to take action.

Secondly: what you're looking for is the Exception on the User Input Task node. You can set a time-based exception on the node and when the time threshold is reached you can have the process flow to the next logical step in the process (note: this doe snot have to be the end node and you need to ask yourself whether this is the correct thing to do - if you'd assigned a Task to a User for a purpose, does that purpose go away after 15 minutes? If not then the Exception is probably the wrong thing to be implementing.

Here's a screenshot of an implementation that matches what you described:

...but be very clear that this may not be what is actually required. Check your use case carefully!

• I tested this and it worked. but I am using chaining in the process and i am afraid the timer will block the chaining.

Reply Children