"Error when parsing process details or variables" at start process node

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

I have a PM wherein im calling few processes- async and sync.

The structure is -> Start node-> script task-> sync subprocess -> gateway-> sync subprocess -> start process->  start process-> scrip task and so on..

Every day few instances get error on the first start process(i made it bold ) with the following error

Error when parsing process details or variables

Also when we restart the node, the process runs without error.

We have trd if the variable that we send is not in proper format . We are passing only one cdt pv to this start process.

I am not understanding why the error would come, is it coz of the engines beign busy? but why alwasy on the same node?

If anyone could make this all sence or give a solution, it will be time saving for us.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Peter & Natashan,

We faced the same issue since the Production Upgrade to 22.2. It happened at least once a day. When I checked the stdout log, here's the error message:

An error occurred while executing activity: id=, classname=com.appiancorp.process.runtime.activities.StartProcessSmartService2

com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException: userMsg[error.processDetails.userMsg=Error when parsing process details or variables] alertMsg[error.processDetails.alertMsg=Error when parsing process details or variables]

We have not seen this issue until the 22.2. 

Thank you. 

Children