Un-used Process Variables

Certified Senior Developer

We have a process model (process A) with unused variables and we have a warning message in Process that "variableA" is unused. We went ahead deleted that variable and published the process. The sub process called in Process A has same variable name ("variableA") in it. In the setup of sub process we had a some logic to pass to that variable from Process A. Strangely after deleting "variableA" in process A erased the code in the setup of sub process for "variableA". Did anyone come across this behavior?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

I have also run into this. I tried to create a minimal example below.

The main process has a Boolean variable called 'readOnly_bool'. It calls a sub process with a Boolean parameter called 'readOnly_bool'.  The Boolean parameter is set with a literal (false()). When the process variable readOnly_bool is deleted, the parameter setting is removed from the call to the sub process.

Diagram of main process. Note the warning that process variable readOnly_bool is unused:

Process variables for Test_Process

Setup for the call to the sub process.  The parameter is set with a literal value.

After deletion of the process variable in the main process, the input variable is deleted:

I'm using cloud.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to matthewm0011

The Product team has created a bug ticket for this behaviour: AN-229406

Reply Children
No Data