Hi all. I am on Appian 7.5 cloud. I am trying to achieve editable gri

Hi all. I am on Appian 7.5 cloud.

I am trying to achieve editable grid. Now, I have successfully rendered the editable grid with the data coming from the data store.

Now, I have followed the example presented in the SAIL recipes. Now to modify the data in the data store entity, I would need process model. I tried to follow the description given under "To write your data to process" section, but I couldn't understand it. I just want to understand the logical flow behind the steps given in the "To write your data to process".

Thanks....

OriginalPostID-111521

OriginalPostID-111521

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Akshar, is there a particular place in the "To write your data to process" documentation that does not make sense to you? If there is, I'd be happy to help clarify it.
    The key step is to make sure to save the expression as a rule, and change the local! variables to rule inputs where data needs to come into the grid from the process or be perpetuated back out into the process.
  • Thanks David for the reply.
    My confusion lies in the couple of points of the documentation.
    I'm taking reference of the "To write your data to process" section of the "Add, Edit, and Remove Data in an Inline Editable Grid" recipe.
    In that, 6th point suggests that I have to create a process variable of the same cdt that is used in the entity. I understood till this.
    Then it says that I have to create a node inputs in the task form and process variables in the process start form. So, it means, I will have to create a "user task form" and create node input of the type of the cdt? Or each field of the cdt? (Same question for the process start form)
    My other query is, if I want to edit the data in the corresponding data store, how can I do that? Like, if I am changing the value of any cell in the rendered grid, it will give me error that "Cannot create save from DataSubset". Although, currently in the underlying process model just has one user input task, I am guessing that error has something to do with that. But, I am confused here as how should I proceed. How the flow should be in the process model? Like how to capture the individual cells/row? (I understand that I need to use the Add to Datastore service, but I am curious about the steps I will have to implement!
    Thanks again for the help!
    Akshar