Audit Trail for Re-assigned Tasks

Hi All,

We have a requirement to keep an audit trail of re-assigned tasks. Who reassigned the task, when, and to whom.

I checked the documentation https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/23.2/Process_Reports.html#task-report-type
but did not see anything.

Does anyone have some hints to achieve this without abandon the Appian Task Assignment capabilities completely? 

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

In my conversations with clients, I typically identify an interesting misconception around reassignment. People think, that reassignment is meant to allow task workers to collaborate on completing a task. That is NOT what it is meant for. Appian reassignment is meant to support in finding the right person for a given task, but not for collaboration.

For a task that requires more than a single task worker, I add a separate button to allow a user to get support from others.

That is just my 50 cents on that, but this concept helps me a lot in building clean applications.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

In my conversations with clients, I typically identify an interesting misconception around reassignment. People think, that reassignment is meant to allow task workers to collaborate on completing a task. That is NOT what it is meant for. Appian reassignment is meant to support in finding the right person for a given task, but not for collaboration.

For a task that requires more than a single task worker, I add a separate button to allow a user to get support from others.

That is just my 50 cents on that, but this concept helps me a lot in building clean applications.

Children
No Data