CSV File: Remove quotes from the file.

Certified Senior Developer

Hello Everyone,

I am converting HTML to CSV using this process nodes and it's working fine. Although I can export data store entity to CSV- but there is different requirement, so I am not using this approach. Please see below screenshot. 

Requirement: When I open that CSV file in Notepad++ I see this:

I need to remove these quotes in a file. How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • NOTE, if you are only removing quotes from the CSV file, you may be left with values within the quotes that contain a comma that is not intended to be used as a delimiter, this will break your entire file.  This is the purpose of quoting all values within a CSV, which is essentially a standard that all systems designed to accept CSV should honor, in my opinion.

And what is the data like that is coming into the initial HTML node, from a DB query etc?  Can you utilize an expression rule to build the CSV file?

In all the CSV files I create, I generate the contents via an expression rule, which gives you full control over the output, then run that into a Text Doc from Template node which only has one placeholder (for the entire text).  As I type this however I realize that all of my CSV files are SFTP'd out, which is where I convert them from .txt to .csv, I'm not sure if we have an other way to change file types in Appian..

• NOTE, if you are only removing quotes from the CSV file, you may be left with values within the quotes that contain a comma that is not intended to be used as a delimiter, this will break your entire file.  This is the purpose of quoting all values within a CSV, which is essentially a standard that all systems designed to accept CSV should honor, in my opinion.

And what is the data like that is coming into the initial HTML node, from a DB query etc?  Can you utilize an expression rule to build the CSV file?

In all the CSV files I create, I generate the contents via an expression rule, which gives you full control over the output, then run that into a Text Doc from Template node which only has one placeholder (for the entire text).  As I type this however I realize that all of my CSV files are SFTP'd out, which is where I convert them from .txt to .csv, I'm not sure if we have an other way to change file types in Appian..

Children