Subprocess smart service 'Assignment' configuration and lane assignment in subprocess

Certified Associate Developer

I have a parent process (lets say process A) and a subprocess called in it (lets say process B). The subprocess node assignment in process A is set as 'Run as whoever started the process' but in process B there is a lane assignment 'Run as whoever designed this process model'. In this case, on whose security will the process B will run? Similarly there can be a total of 4 cases mentioned below and I am confused that on whose security the process B would run?

1. The subprocess node assignment in process A is set as 'Run as whoever started the process' and in process B there is a lane assignment 'Run as whoever designed this process model'.

2. The subprocess node assignment in process A is set as 'Run as whoever started the process' and in process B there is a lane assignment 'Run as whoever started the process'.

3. The subprocess node assignment in process A is set as 'Run as whoever designed this process model' and in process B there is a lane assignment 'Run as whoever designed this process model'.

4. The subprocess node assignment in process A is set as 'Run as whoever designed this process model' and in process B there is a lane assignment 'Run as whoever started the process'.

For case 2 the process B would run on the security of the publisher of process A and for case 4 the process B would run on the security of the person who started process A (please correct me if I am wrong).

But I am confused with case 1 & 3.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

1. In your first case process B will be started under the security context of the user who initiated Process A, but tasks within process B will execute under the security context of the designer(i.e., user who last published the process model) of Process B.

2. In second case the initiation and task execution for Process B will run under the security context of the user who started Process A.

3. In the 3rd case initiation and task execution in Process B will run under the security context of the designer of their respective process models. If Process A and Process B have the same designer, then it’s the designer’s context. If different, each under their respective designers' context.

4. For the 4th case process B will be started under the security context of the designer of Process A. Tasks within Process B will also execute under the security context of the designer of Process A, as the initiator of Process B is the designer of Process A.

Certified Senior Developer

1. In your first case process B will be started under the security context of the user who initiated Process A, but tasks within process B will execute under the security context of the designer(i.e., user who last published the process model) of Process B.

2. In second case the initiation and task execution for Process B will run under the security context of the user who started Process A.

3. In the 3rd case initiation and task execution in Process B will run under the security context of the designer of their respective process models. If Process A and Process B have the same designer, then it’s the designer’s context. If different, each under their respective designers' context.

4. For the 4th case process B will be started under the security context of the designer of Process A. Tasks within Process B will also execute under the security context of the designer of Process A, as the initiator of Process B is the designer of Process A.

Children
No Data