Start a process from Site interface. How to show wait screen towards end of a process AND also show confirmation box before starting process?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Appian community, happy summer,

I have a use case where there is an interface with buttons (Approve, Deny, and Back) on a site page.

I initially set the Approve and Deny buttons up as button widgets and had a startProcess function inside. However, this approach will not display the "wait screen" after triggering the process that is towards the end of the process to "buy time" and to allow the previous request that the user clicked Approve or Deny to disappear when the user clicks FINISH on the wait screen and returns to the site interface. Therefore, the user experience is returning to the site too early to still see the original request on the screen after the user already chose Approve/Deny.

Then, I tried using submitLink which allows startProcessLink and wrapped it in a cardLayout in lieu of button widgets. This approach allowed my chained process to display the wait screen. However, the drawback is there is no way for me to have a confirmation window pop up.

The business user's feedback is having the confirmation window pop up is more important. I want to ask the community if there is a better solution that allows me to have the best of both worlds?

TIA

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

We need more details about your use case, but based on my understanding, I'm sharing this,

You can use a combination of a buttonWidget(submit property),  start process, a process report to track the process status, and conditional UI components to display the completion status.

Approach: Combining Confirmation Dialog, Wait Screen, and Refresh Status

1.  Start Process:

• use a!buttonWidget(
        submit: /*write condition to submit it based on the status*/
        ), in saveInto run the startProces() . write process status in db with username and uniqueId/requestId
    2. Wait Screen and Refresh Mechanism:

• Show a wait screen while the process is running.
      • Use a refresh mechanism to periodically check the process status and update the UI accordingly.
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to gayathris0003

Hi, I will try using startProcessLink in the save section of buttonWidget

Reply Children
No Data