Process model locks

Certified Lead Developer

Hi All,
Does anyone happen to have some advanced technical details on Process Model Locks, especially with respect to how and when locks expire? I'm seeing an issue after using the Republish Process Models plug-in, a process model will remain locked for much longer than usual and I'm worried about potential impacts on future application import attempts.

For reference, the process models I'm monitoring for their locks were republished under an admin user account that has neither logged in nor logged out in the time right before or since. The locks have been stuck for ~25 hours so far.

OriginalPostID-141163

OriginalPostID-141163

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Complicated as the user is Appian Administrator.
    We toggle some process model to run under the appian admin like an app pool would run with a service account with all privileges needed (so it won't be someone directly linked to the execution but a service account).
    The only way we found to apply this change (republish the process models under appian admin) is with this plugin. But we won't get far in the end it the process stays locked.
    It's another problem at the core but we had high hopes with this plugin.
  • Complicated as the user is Appian Administrator.
    We toggle some process model to run under the appian admin like an app pool would run with a service account with all privileges needed (so it won't be someone directly linked to the execution but a service account).
    The only way we found to apply this change (republish the process models under appian admin) is with this plugin. But we won't get far in the end it the process stays locked.
    It's another problem at the core but we had high hopes with this plugin.
Children
No Data