Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons.

Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons. I was able to code a confirmation message tied to the submit button just fine, allowing the user to yes to submit, no to cancel the form submission. However, I suspect the users would prefer a confirmation message to be tied to an onChange type event on the drop down with a yes/no used to set the ac variable being saved from the confirmation (i.e. if they pick in a confirmation box, the selection will revert to what it was before).

Is there a way for a a!dropdownField() component to trigger a pop-up confirmation message with an onchange type event?

OriginalPostID-142622

OriginalPostID-142622

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    You can use a validation field that gives them a warning based on what they select. Or, if you wanted to get fancy, you could also show/hide a dynamic section that has yes/no buttons - it wouldn't be in a pop-up, but you could build something in SAIL that does roughly what you want. I'm not sure I completely understand the use case, would users really want a pop-up every time they modify a dropdown selection?
    Certified Senior Developer
    You can use a validation field that gives them a warning based on what they select. Or, if you wanted to get fancy, you could also show/hide a dynamic section that has yes/no buttons - it wouldn't be in a pop-up, but you could build something in SAIL that does roughly what you want. I'm not sure I completely understand the use case, would users really want a pop-up every time they modify a dropdown selection?
Children
No Data