Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons.

Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons. I was able to code a confirmation message tied to the submit button just fine, allowing the user to yes to submit, no to cancel the form submission. However, I suspect the users would prefer a confirmation message to be tied to an onChange type event on the drop down with a yes/no used to set the ac variable being saved from the confirmation (i.e. if they pick in a confirmation box, the selection will revert to what it was before).

Is there a way for a a!dropdownField() component to trigger a pop-up confirmation message with an onchange type event?

OriginalPostID-142622

OriginalPostID-142622

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi,
    Currently there are no such type of functionality in SAIL. You can use confirmation message only on Buttons.
    Certified Senior Developer
    You can use a validation field that gives them a warning based on what they select. Or, if you wanted to get fancy, you could also show/hide a dynamic section that has yes/no buttons - it wouldn't be in a pop-up, but you could build something in SAIL that does roughly what you want. I'm not sure I completely understand the use case, would users really want a pop-up every time they modify a dropdown selection?
  • I just checked with the users, they are ok with the pop-up being onSubmit (versus onChange for the dropdown). There are 4 choices in the drop down: Suspended, Pending, Released, Deleted. When the choices change from either Suspended or Pending to Deleted they want the pop-up confirmation. Yes button would submit the form with Deleted selected. No button would return to the form and (I need to work on this), reset the drop down to whichever option was selected before changing the drop down to Deleted.
  • Hi Ryan -
    Depending on the criticality of delivering the complex functionality associated your dropdown and subsequent confirmation, you might want to consider, in this case, creating a simple confirmation form to route to after the submit button is clicked.
    This would give you the all the flexibility you desire, especially in terms of resetting the dropdown when a "No" is clicked.

• You can also display a dynamic section containing a boolean check box, if you want to confirm the user selection before form submission. The choiceValue of the check box will be "true" with a label same as your confirmation message, you wish to give. You have to use buttonWidget for button and set its submit property true only if the value of checkbox is true.

In that case, user can only submit the form if he/she has confirmed the selection done on the dropdown.
  • However there can be no pop-ups but if you still want to show only a message to your user, you can do it by dynamically showing a richTextDisplayField with your message.

You will be required to put the whole richTextDisplayField in "if" and it will be shown only when there is any value selected from the dropdown.
  • My users greed to not have the drop down reset to its original value if 'No' was selected on the Submit button's confirmation pop-up. Between validations, if/then logic and testing all went well.

However, we have noticed issues with the 'Working' at the top of the page on other components causing issues with the pop-up confirmation on submit. When 'Working' is displayed on forms in general and this one in particular the submit button can be clicked and when the working turn off, the form submits without the confirmation box displaying. This is repeatable. Sometimes, shortly after page submission (returning back to the same form),the pop-up will trigger. I'm going to research this, but it appears as if UI actions taken like clicking during 'working' are problematic, we have seen this on another large form before.