Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons.

Appian 7.6 Tempo/SAIL form: I have a form with a dropdown and submit buttons. I was able to code a confirmation message tied to the submit button just fine, allowing the user to yes to submit, no to cancel the form submission. However, I suspect the users would prefer a confirmation message to be tied to an onChange type event on the drop down with a yes/no used to set the ac variable being saved from the confirmation (i.e. if they pick in a confirmation box, the selection will revert to what it was before).

Is there a way for a a!dropdownField() component to trigger a pop-up confirmation message with an onchange type event?

OriginalPostID-142622

OriginalPostID-142622

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I just checked with the users, they are ok with the pop-up being onSubmit (versus onChange for the dropdown). There are 4 choices in the drop down: Suspended, Pending, Released, Deleted. When the choices change from either Suspended or Pending to Deleted they want the pop-up confirmation. Yes button would submit the form with Deleted selected. No button would return to the form and (I need to work on this), reset the drop down to whichever option was selected before changing the drop down to Deleted.
  • I just checked with the users, they are ok with the pop-up being onSubmit (versus onChange for the dropdown). There are 4 choices in the drop down: Suspended, Pending, Released, Deleted. When the choices change from either Suspended or Pending to Deleted they want the pop-up confirmation. Yes button would submit the form with Deleted selected. No button would return to the form and (I need to work on this), reset the drop down to whichever option was selected before changing the drop down to Deleted.
Children
No Data