Task Scheduling Issue: I'm just wondering why the process continue to d

Task Scheduling Issue:
I'm just wondering why the process continue to do a task ex: (repeat posting to feeds/sms) even though i already set the
Repeat Unitl: "The date and time specified by this expression" to a particular date and time. By default it should stop from sending sms/posting to feed once it reach the specified date and time under "REPEAT UNTIL" section right?
TIA....

OriginalPostID-60339

OriginalPostID-60339

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have recently met with the same problem... I am using "Repeat node" to start sub-processes every 24h (daily). And even there is "Repeat until" - "The date and time specified by this expression" defined, it still starts new sub-processes after that date. I don't understand what is wrong, that's BIGGEST problem of Appian, you don't WHY it happens. Could  help us, please? Thank you!
    PS: Now I am trying to use now() < pv!repeatUntil in "Expression is true", which should cause the same.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to JanTichava

Do you have a specific reason to fire off process from a long running parent process? I mean, it would be much easier to configure a timer in the start node of that process directly.

• Hello Stefan,

yes, there is reason, there are another tasks to be done during/after that. But that's not answer to my question, I am asking what I do wrong. Even now() < pv!repeatUntil (Date and time variable) doesn't work.

•   Any further advice? I have tested the "Repeat Until" functionality on basic example - Script task increments process variable every 5 minutes until given Date an time by "The date and time specified by this expression:" with "=pv!repeatUntil" expression which is set e.g. 15 minutes ahead. And it still does not work, it didn't stop repetition. I have not been successful also with "Expression is true:" where expression was "=now() < pv!repeatUntil". What do I do wrong? What is expected format for that? If there would allowed expression for "instance have started", which is not, it would be also possible, but it's just hard-codeable constant. I will have to create a ticket if I will not find a solution for this. What about  ? Thank you!

•   Any further advice? I have tested the "Repeat Until" functionality on basic example - Script task increments process variable every 5 minutes until given Date an time by "The date and time specified by this expression:" with "=pv!repeatUntil" expression which is set e.g. 15 minutes ahead. And it still does not work, it didn't stop repetition. I have not been successful also with "Expression is true:" where expression was "=now() < pv!repeatUntil". What do I do wrong? What is expected format for that? If there would allowed expression for "instance have started", which is not, it would be also possible, but it's just hard-codeable constant. I will have to create a ticket if I will not find a solution for this. What about  ? Thank you!

Children
No Data