Hi, From my experiments it seems like the reassign behavior is not in

Hi,

From my experiments it seems like the reassign behavior is not in line with the documentation that can be found at telefilmdev.appiancloud.com/.../Tasks.html. For the experiment I created a simple process that assigns a task to a group (let’s say group A) – I’m logged as a system administrator and use a task report based on the ‘Tasks for Group Members’ report to do the reassignments. Steps and observations (got one question in step 3 and another in step 4):

1-          Reassignment after Initial assignment to group A: ‘Choose from all assignees’ radio option lists group A and its members, as expected assuming Appian considers each group member an assignee (although an indirect one). ‘Choose from all users and groups’ radio option allows to pick anybody from the system as expected.
2-          Reassignment after task accepted by one of group A members: same as 1- above.
3-          Reassignment to a single member of group A. Before the as...

OriginalPostID-162914

OriginalPostID-162914

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Tom and thanks a lot for looking into this. I repeated the scenario today and captured each step to help you figure out what's going on. Can't explain why but the system reacts differently this time and like it happened for you, I can't reproduce step 3 this time (I'm quite sure what I've described did happen though - for one thing, the task report item would disappear after assigning to a single user but would reappear once the user accepted the task - the behavior is OK now). Still, I'd like to know if the behavior I'm now seeing at step 2 and 4 below is normal and if yes, how it can be explained.

Thanks again,

Charles

Step 1

TASK CREATION (group assignment)
    screencast.com/.../CrVZCUk0Wfd

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all assignees) : seeing group A and its members
    screencast.com/.../HJgxNthAqnt

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all users and groups) : seeing all users and groups
    screencast.com/.../70JuwRqhuU

Step 2

Steve Analyst (of group A) accepts the task
    screencast.com/.../zQxEGfqrvUv

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all assignees)
    screencast.com/.../MdhbBcaBdO4

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all users and groups)
    screencast.com/.../pA5d7bN5tMAN
    Here, as an admin, I can only pick the user who accepted the task or the group but I'd expect to see all users and groups since I'm an admin. How that can be?

Step 3

Reassigning to a member of the group
    screencast.com/.../kA7aBzOxBs

Not an option

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Reassign To)
    screencast.com/.../gkTKEDK9np2f

Step 4

Monica Analyst clicks (accepts) on the task

Not an option

screencast.com/.../vDWqdqTwEbfe
    Same behavior as with Step2 (Choose from all users and groups)
  • Hi Tom and thanks a lot for looking into this. I repeated the scenario today and captured each step to help you figure out what's going on. Can't explain why but the system reacts differently this time and like it happened for you, I can't reproduce step 3 this time (I'm quite sure what I've described did happen though - for one thing, the task report item would disappear after assigning to a single user but would reappear once the user accepted the task - the behavior is OK now). Still, I'd like to know if the behavior I'm now seeing at step 2 and 4 below is normal and if yes, how it can be explained.

Thanks again,

Charles

Step 1

TASK CREATION (group assignment)
    screencast.com/.../CrVZCUk0Wfd

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all assignees) : seeing group A and its members
    screencast.com/.../HJgxNthAqnt

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all users and groups) : seeing all users and groups
    screencast.com/.../70JuwRqhuU

Step 2

Steve Analyst (of group A) accepts the task
    screencast.com/.../zQxEGfqrvUv

screencast.com/.../MdhbBcaBdO4

Resulting reassignment behavior as an administrator (Choose from all users and groups)
    screencast.com/.../pA5d7bN5tMAN
    Here, as an admin, I can only pick the user who accepted the task or the group but I'd expect to see all users and groups since I'm an admin. How that can be?

Step 3

Reassigning to a member of the group
    screencast.com/.../kA7aBzOxBs

Not an option

screencast.com/.../gkTKEDK9np2f

Step 4

Monica Analyst clicks (accepts) on the task

Not an option

screencast.com/.../vDWqdqTwEbfe
    Same behavior as with Step2 (Choose from all users and groups)
Children
No Data