Greetings, We have a use-case where we need to send, by e-mail, the l

Greetings,

We have a use-case where we need to send, by e-mail, the link of a new task to a user (or list of users) so they can click the link from inside the e-mail and be directed to the Tempo Task. We use an Escalation as soon as a User Task is activated to send the e-mail to the Task's Assignees and we build the link using the TaskID (tp!id) parameter. However, we see the task id we receive in the email is aggregated by 2, e.g. the taskid is 33773 and at the email is 33775.

Any ideas on how we can implement this?

OriginalPostID-168755

OriginalPostID-168755

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @samartzisg tp!id doesn't work here to the best of my knowledge and I have seen some where Appian architects specifying the same. If I understand your question correctly, I guess, the only viable approach is as follows:
    1. Create a process which accepts a process id as an input and gets the active task id (by querying the analytics) and thereby sends an email by constructing a link using the derived task id.
    2. Trigger the process created in step-1 in the escalation of the user input task and send the current process id (in which the user input task sits) as input.

Let's see if any other practitioners comes up with better and valuable suggestions.
  • @samartzisg tp!id doesn't work here to the best of my knowledge and I have seen some where Appian architects specifying the same. If I understand your question correctly, I guess, the only viable approach is as follows:
    1. Create a process which accepts a process id as an input and gets the active task id (by querying the analytics) and thereby sends an email by constructing a link using the derived task id.
    2. Trigger the process created in step-1 in the escalation of the user input task and send the current process id (in which the user input task sits) as input.

Let's see if any other practitioners comes up with better and valuable suggestions.
Children
No Data