Keep HTML formatting for incoming emails

I am launching my process instance on receiving email in appian. I can extract information from email for display. Is there any way that the email body formatting can be displayed in html/form as it is. If i store body into a text pv, it looses its formatting. Any help? Thanks....

OriginalPostID-63896

OriginalPostID-63896

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since Appian 6.5.1 you can use the 'msg!properties'.'Bodies' property in the Receive Message event - Data tab, when it is triggered using email messages.This property is an array that contains in one index the plain text version of your e-mail and in a separate index the html version (assuming there's one). If you want to preserve the HTML then you can store the result of the following expression:

if('msg!properties'.'BodyTypes'[1]="text/plain",'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[2],'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[1])

as shown in this screenshot: forum.appian.com/.../79505

see how my two process variables are different, one is holding the plain text version while other the html version.
  • Thanks for the solution. But if we have email chain conversation and with above code it is reading the entire email chain conversation but one of my use can case just would like to preserve the latest email reply in the form html. So will not loose the email body format(Ex: Tabular..hyperlink..etc.). Can that be achievable.

Thanks In Advance.

Reply Children