Keep HTML formatting for incoming emails

I am launching my process instance on receiving email in appian. I can extract information from email for display. Is there any way that the email body formatting can be displayed in html/form as it is. If i store body into a text pv, it looses its formatting. Any help? Thanks....

OriginalPostID-63896

OriginalPostID-63896

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since Appian 6.5.1 you can use the 'msg!properties'.'Bodies' property in the Receive Message event - Data tab, when it is triggered using email messages.This property is an array that contains in one index the plain text version of your e-mail and in a separate index the html version (assuming there's one). If you want to preserve the HTML then you can store the result of the following expression:

if('msg!properties'.'BodyTypes'[1]="text/plain",'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[2],'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[1])

as shown in this screenshot: forum.appian.com/.../79505

see how my two process variables are different, one is holding the plain text version while other the html version.
  • Since Appian 6.5.1 you can use the 'msg!properties'.'Bodies' property in the Receive Message event - Data tab, when it is triggered using email messages.This property is an array that contains in one index the plain text version of your e-mail and in a separate index the html version (assuming there's one). If you want to preserve the HTML then you can store the result of the following expression:

if('msg!properties'.'BodyTypes'[1]="text/plain",'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[2],'msg!properties'.'Bodies'[1])

as shown in this screenshot: forum.appian.com/.../79505

see how my two process variables are different, one is holding the plain text version while other the html version.
Children