Hello, I want to configure a Send Email node to send a user an email,

Hello,

I want to configure a Send Email node to send a user an email, informing them that they have a task to complete.

I would like to include a link to the task in the email, is this possible?

OriginalPostID-193979

OriginalPostID-193979

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @issamd Yes that's possible. Provided if you have a task id(which can be queried by using queryProcessAnalytics or a plugin which gets you the task id based on process id and task name)you can construct a link to task and include the same in email body. There are few posts on this in the forum as to how you can do this.

But the only downside of this approach is that, once the task is completed, if you try to access the same link again, in this case the user can gain access to a task which is not actually assigned to him and further the user can see the task in the read only mode. This generally happens because a task id can be reused. This issue is also mentioned in the forum some time ago.
  • @issamd Yes that's possible. Provided if you have a task id(which can be queried by using queryProcessAnalytics or a plugin which gets you the task id based on process id and task name)you can construct a link to task and include the same in email body. There are few posts on this in the forum as to how you can do this.

But the only downside of this approach is that, once the task is completed, if you try to access the same link again, in this case the user can gain access to a task which is not actually assigned to him and further the user can see the task in the read only mode. This generally happens because a task id can be reused. This issue is also mentioned in the forum some time ago.
Children
No Data