Hello, I have a main process which calls multiple sub-processes. Each

Hello,

I have a main process which calls multiple sub-processes. Each subprocess has multiple nodes, script tasks and interfaces.
All activities are chained, and I followed the steps here: forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_Activity-Chaining.html

I want all the SAIL interfaces to show a "Go Back" button, even though the interfaces are in different sub-processes. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

OriginalPostID-194370

OriginalPostID-194370

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @ricardoc Hi, to the best of my knowledge you should be handling the 'Go back' functionality manually. That is, add a button component (for instance, say 'Go Back') in the SAIL form, capture the action in a variable, so that when you submit the form, the variable should let you know that you want to navigate back in the process. Once when the form is submitted, use a gateway and navigate to the desired location (which could be a immediate task in the same process or a task in any other subprocess at any level).

Also as far as I know, 'Previous' button feature isn't available in SAIL forms but it is available in Portal and Tempo forms.

And re the chaining, you can chain to any location (that is, an immediate task in the same process, or a task in different process etc) but we need to remember the constraints laid down by Appian with respect to activity chaining. There are few good points at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/Configuring_Activity-Chaining.html#Breaking_a_Chain which will specify these constraints and also let us know an alternate design in case if we aren't able to provide chaining.
  • @ricardoc Hi, to the best of my knowledge you should be handling the 'Go back' functionality manually. That is, add a button component (for instance, say 'Go Back') in the SAIL form, capture the action in a variable, so that when you submit the form, the variable should let you know that you want to navigate back in the process. Once when the form is submitted, use a gateway and navigate to the desired location (which could be a immediate task in the same process or a task in any other subprocess at any level).

Also as far as I know, 'Previous' button feature isn't available in SAIL forms but it is available in Portal and Tempo forms.

And re the chaining, you can chain to any location (that is, an immediate task in the same process, or a task in different process etc) but we need to remember the constraints laid down by Appian with respect to activity chaining. There are few good points at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/Configuring_Activity-Chaining.html#Breaking_a_Chain which will specify these constraints and also let us know an alternate design in case if we aren't able to provide chaining.
Children
No Data