How to join two CDT's using Process Model without using MYSQL Queries??

How to join two CDT's using Process Model without using MYSQL Queries??

OriginalPostID-219383

OriginalPostID-219383

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I believe the post is about joining the two different CDT arrays based on a common field between them but not about merging them as said by @sidhantb above. We can actually co-relate the requirement to Joins we write in MySQL across different tables. Also I believe there isn't any code snippet written so far, the author of the post is trying to find various ways to do a join between two datasets strictly without making use of SQL. @amitas Correct me if I am wrong here.

@amitas I would suggest refraining from making such a join in process. To the best of my knowledge, you will end up in writing a code which is equally tough and complex to maintain. It might be worth giving the thoughts over trying to implement the same from database perspective as follows:

1. Dump the datasets into two different tables and read data from a view where the view is the join between two tables that you have dumped data earlier.
    2. Check the possibility of writing a stored procedure that accepts two datasets as inputs and then dumps the data into temporary tables and makes join between them and then returns a resultant dataset.

Added to above, I would suggest taking a look at 'Let the Database Handle the Heavy Data-Centric Tasks' section at http://bit.ly/28Q6T3y which says that few actions(for instance, joining) are ideally suited to Database.

Still if you are strongly determined at implementing without making use of Database, I would suggest trying the 'CDT Manipulation' plugin as this reduces the complexity and eases the maintenance. By chance, if you intend to drive the logic by making use of expression rules and type constructors(without making use of a Plugin), then I would suggest giving thoughts over the performance in case of huge datasets and the frequency of CRs in future.
  • I believe the post is about joining the two different CDT arrays based on a common field between them but not about merging them as said by @sidhantb above. We can actually co-relate the requirement to Joins we write in MySQL across different tables. Also I believe there isn't any code snippet written so far, the author of the post is trying to find various ways to do a join between two datasets strictly without making use of SQL. @amitas Correct me if I am wrong here.

@amitas I would suggest refraining from making such a join in process. To the best of my knowledge, you will end up in writing a code which is equally tough and complex to maintain. It might be worth giving the thoughts over trying to implement the same from database perspective as follows:

1. Dump the datasets into two different tables and read data from a view where the view is the join between two tables that you have dumped data earlier.
    2. Check the possibility of writing a stored procedure that accepts two datasets as inputs and then dumps the data into temporary tables and makes join between them and then returns a resultant dataset.

Added to above, I would suggest taking a look at 'Let the Database Handle the Heavy Data-Centric Tasks' section at http://bit.ly/28Q6T3y which says that few actions(for instance, joining) are ideally suited to Database.

Still if you are strongly determined at implementing without making use of Database, I would suggest trying the 'CDT Manipulation' plugin as this reduces the complexity and eases the maintenance. By chance, if you intend to drive the logic by making use of expression rules and type constructors(without making use of a Plugin), then I would suggest giving thoughts over the performance in case of huge datasets and the frequency of CRs in future.
Children
No Data