The process model is invalid 16.3

Hello all,

It has come to my attention that the validation in process models has become worse than previous Appian versions. I remember when the messages were meaningful indicating real errors that needed attention.

Now during designing process models the only message we get is the message: "The process is invalid". Well yeah this is not helpful. To make matters worse, an invalid process model cannot be saved, so you might have to lose a day's work, even if the origin of the error is on a sail interface, you cannot save the process model.

Is there any other way in fixing those "The process is invalid" errors?

OriginalPostID-246241

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @vasilisg Not an elegant one, but might be worth reverting to previous working version (in case if the interface already has working versions) or saving the definition of interface with value as null (in case if the interface has no working versions and is being built newly) for the time-being so that you can save the PM and don't need to loose the work and then you can resume the work on last but one version of the interface post saving PM. I have seen this error at times, but I didn't check if it neglects the changes made to PM in case if the interface has got any issues.
  • @vasilisg Not an elegant one, but might be worth reverting to previous working version (in case if the interface already has working versions) or saving the definition of interface with value as null (in case if the interface has no working versions and is being built newly) for the time-being so that you can save the PM and don't need to loose the work and then you can resume the work on last but one version of the interface post saving PM. I have seen this error at times, but I didn't check if it neglects the changes made to PM in case if the interface has got any issues.
Children
No Data