The process model is invalid 16.3

Hello all,

It has come to my attention that the validation in process models has become worse than previous Appian versions. I remember when the messages were meaningful indicating real errors that needed attention.

Now during designing process models the only message we get is the message: "The process is invalid". Well yeah this is not helpful. To make matters worse, an invalid process model cannot be saved, so you might have to lose a day's work, even if the origin of the error is on a sail interface, you cannot save the process model.

Is there any other way in fixing those "The process is invalid" errors?

OriginalPostID-246241

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • One related point as @rodgraham mentioned - If the user input tasks are using SAIL forms, and if any of the interfaces used in those SAIL forms have some error - the process model would not be allowed to publish. Also, tracking down such an error can be difficult and time-consuming because the error message is sometimes not very specific.

I have come across a scenario where the SAIL interfaces showed no error when I created them in the Interface designer, but when I mapped them to the user input tasks in the process model, I got an error, and it took quite a long time to track it. Also, you cannot save the process model in this situation.
  • One related point as @rodgraham mentioned - If the user input tasks are using SAIL forms, and if any of the interfaces used in those SAIL forms have some error - the process model would not be allowed to publish. Also, tracking down such an error can be difficult and time-consuming because the error message is sometimes not very specific.

I have come across a scenario where the SAIL interfaces showed no error when I created them in the Interface designer, but when I mapped them to the user input tasks in the process model, I got an error, and it took quite a long time to track it. Also, you cannot save the process model in this situation.
Children
No Data