Paused by expection because of executing a node 1000 times

I have a script task in my process model which will check whether the task is accepted in the process report. If its not accepted it will execute again.If the task is accepted it will write the task owner name to DB. Once 1000 instance is done I'm getting paused by exception error.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi , can you shed some light on what you are trying to accomplish and your current approach? It feels to me that you are waiting (forever if needed) for a certain task to be accepted.  

•  I want to capture who accepts the task before the task is completed. So the node will check who accepted the task. I have to save the username who accept the task to database. So if the task is not accepted then it will check again

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to SangeethaBabu

Do you have a timer node set in between separate executions of the loop?  How often are you having it re-check?

Edit: judging from your screenshot it appears you don't have a timer on the re-execution flow.  You absolutely need a timer here, or else your process model will essentially do everything in its power to execute all 1,000 allowed instances all at once.  If there wasn't the 1,000 execution circuit breaker in place, then your system could experience noticeable degradation in performance as any instances of this process would be essentially executing unbounded infinite loops while waiting for task acceptance.

Now, if you place a timer that waits, say, 5 minutes between executions, several days would elapse before the 1,000 execution limit is reached.  I believe in almost all cases this would be sufficient, and it would be dramatically less damaging to your system performance (i.e. basically nothing).

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to SangeethaBabu

Do you have a timer node set in between separate executions of the loop?  How often are you having it re-check?

Edit: judging from your screenshot it appears you don't have a timer on the re-execution flow.  You absolutely need a timer here, or else your process model will essentially do everything in its power to execute all 1,000 allowed instances all at once.  If there wasn't the 1,000 execution circuit breaker in place, then your system could experience noticeable degradation in performance as any instances of this process would be essentially executing unbounded infinite loops while waiting for task acceptance.

Now, if you place a timer that waits, say, 5 minutes between executions, several days would elapse before the 1,000 execution limit is reached.  I believe in almost all cases this would be sufficient, and it would be dramatically less damaging to your system performance (i.e. basically nothing).

Children
No Data