Is there a way to add dynamic link to the stacked column chart?

Hi.. Is there a way to add dynamic link to the stacked column chart like the one below.

forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

If I click on "Directors" on "Engineering", I should display the data in a separate grid.
Thanks

OriginalPostID-164354

OriginalPostID-164354

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sharmilan Here goes the pseudocode which you could translate into Appian code later.
    1. Generate an array of dynamic links for the values found in category and configure this in the links attribute of a!chartSeries(). While configuring the a!dynamicLink(). This resolves the Category issue. (Engineering, Finance etc. as per your example.)
    2. The labels (Director, Manager etc. as per your example) are directly available to you as context when you are interacting with a chart series in any chart. Simply speaking, the label is available as the default context in the chart series you are interacting with and this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Please find attached the code snippet which will help you co-relate the above steps with an example. I would like to leave to you how you fit the above approach into the rules which you have written for generation(for instance, findDataPoints or generateChartSeries or generateMultipleChartSeries). Please do let me know if you have any follow up questions.
  • @sharmilan Here goes the pseudocode which you could translate into Appian code later.
    1. Generate an array of dynamic links for the values found in category and configure this in the links attribute of a!chartSeries(). While configuring the a!dynamicLink(). This resolves the Category issue. (Engineering, Finance etc. as per your example.)
    2. The labels (Director, Manager etc. as per your example) are directly available to you as context when you are interacting with a chart series in any chart. Simply speaking, the label is available as the default context in the chart series you are interacting with and this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Please find attached the code snippet which will help you co-relate the above steps with an example. I would like to leave to you how you fit the above approach into the rules which you have written for generation(for instance, findDataPoints or generateChartSeries or generateMultipleChartSeries). Please do let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Children
No Data