Is there a way to add dynamic link to the stacked column chart?

Hi.. Is there a way to add dynamic link to the stacked column chart like the one below.

forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

If I click on "Directors" on "Engineering", I should display the data in a separate grid.
Thanks

OriginalPostID-164354

OriginalPostID-164354

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @sharmilan If your intention is to add the dynamic link to 'label' attribute, it isn't possible to the best of my knowledge. Let's take the link pointed by you as an example: Here the labels such as 'Engineering', 'Manager', 'Director' etc are just labels (identified by 'label' attribute) where as the actual data ((identified by 'data' attribute)) is represented in the form of columns. Whereas if you want to display components based on clicking the columns, i.e. the data attribute (value of data in a!chartSeries(label: "Existing Client", data: 12)). To the best of my knowledge and simply speaking, you could be able to associate dynamic links with data but not labels.
  • @sikhivahans, I have to display the data only when the column is clicked. But to display that I have to send both "Engineering" and "Directors" as input to the filter criteria. Any idea, how to send both these details. The chart is generated through the following rule:
    =a!chartSeries(
    label: ri!label,
    /* Loop over list of categories to find each datapoint that matches both /
    / the series label and the category. This will ensure that the datapoints /
    / are in the correct order to display in the chart. */
    data: apply(
    rule!findDataPoints(
    data: ri!data,
    categoryField: ri!categoryField,
    labelField: ri!labelField,
    datapointField: ri!datapointField,
    category: _,
    label: ri!label
    ),
    ri!categories
    )
    )
  • @sharmilan Here goes the pseudocode which you could translate into Appian code later.
    1. Generate an array of dynamic links for the values found in category and configure this in the links attribute of a!chartSeries(). While configuring the a!dynamicLink(). This resolves the Category issue. (Engineering, Finance etc. as per your example.)
    2. The labels (Director, Manager etc. as per your example) are directly available to you as context when you are interacting with a chart series in any chart. Simply speaking, the label is available as the default context in the chart series you are interacting with and this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Please find attached the code snippet which will help you co-relate the above steps with an example. I would like to leave to you how you fit the above approach into the rules which you have written for generation(for instance, findDataPoints or generateChartSeries or generateMultipleChartSeries). Please do let me know if you have any follow up questions.
  • This is precisely what I need to do as well, however my dilemma is trying how to manage the values in those very rules which you've left to @sharmilan. Has anyone resolved that?
  • @richard.nolan Hi, I would suggest attaching the code snippet if possible as that will help the practitioners to quickly identify the issue and suggest a remedy. If there are any security constraints, I would suggest uploading the code snippet that just represents the idea at a high level.