Exporting dataset to Excel starting on second column

Hi all,
I am exporting a dataset to Excel using a Web API and it works fine except that the first index of the array is located in columns A, B. C,... (it is a CDT) of the spreadsheet as it should, but the rest are located in columns B, C, D,...; that is, starting on the second column instead of the first.
This happens regardless of what is the 1st row od data (either headers or data from the CDT).
Anyone else suffered from this?

OriginalPostID-204856

OriginalPostID-204856

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Sorry for the delay. So here's what I found. When you append char(13), which is a line break, it is treating it as its own entry in the array, so if I do "text" & char(13) & "more text", the result will look like this:

text;
    ; more text

This appears to be expected behavior from my testing, so I would recommend you work around this by doing a Find and Replace on the data before importing it into Excel.
  • Sorry for the delay. So here's what I found. When you append char(13), which is a line break, it is treating it as its own entry in the array, so if I do "text" & char(13) & "more text", the result will look like this:

text;
    ; more text

This appears to be expected behavior from my testing, so I would recommend you work around this by doing a Find and Replace on the data before importing it into Excel.
Children
No Data