Trying to have a summary of tasks for assignees and then be able to drill into the detail to see the tasks for the total tasks for an assignee.

Trying to have a summary of tasks for assignees and then be able to drill into the detail to see the tasks for the total tasks for an assignee. It should be easy to do and it is turning out difficult to accomplish.

We have not done much drilling into reports. When it proves difficult we shy away from it.

I had reported many years ago the member by group task report should also show for completed tasks. It only shows active.

I attached two reports I am working with. One is Cop Tasks for users. and it is to drill into Tasks for Group Members report. Viewing the report individually the detail report shows fine. It someone changes to what I want and then shows tasks for me and that is not what I want. We put the people we what to show in the context of the report.

The user who tried to create this, claims she had it working and it is now not working.

Irregardless I am looking for help on how to have a summary of tasks for a select list of peop...

OriginalPostID-126035

Documents Download.zip

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...le and then want to drill into the name and then see the detail behind the summary.

We are on 7.3 and not using Tempo. We are using Apps and designer portal.
    Keith Arndt
    UPS
    201-961-4842
  • I believe your issue is that you are trying to filter by both groups or users in the same report. There are two different report types with two different context.. One for Tasks for Users.. with a user context.. and one for Tasks for Groups - with a Group Context..

if you drill into a user .. but the target report is a Group context.. it will filter out the results as it is expecting a group..

Suggest creating two different reports.. one for just users and one for just groups..
  • We did have a drill into a user type report. I believe our issue is much deeper. I am told we had this working and it stopped working. We have another scenario doing the drill in and it is working. However, the summary for three people is they only have one task per person. The one still not working is they have many tasks, some has over 100 tasks. When you drill in - you do not see any results - plus if you try to click the edit hyperlink, nothing happens. It won't even open up. The last hotfix in production caused issues as well and we had to back it out. We have cases open with support on this.
  • I just created the scenario in our UAT environment. We just built it and this will not work there either. I took the All Task report - made a summary for it. I drilled into the same report as a details report under My Reports. The same issue occurs. I tried to drill in for a user showing on the report. When I get to the next report, nothing shows and the Edit hyperlink will not show the report settings as well. Is this an overall issue with Appian?
  • I would not say it is an overall issue with Appian as I have not heard of other customers experiencing this issue. I would suggest opening a support ticket so you can work with a support engineer more directly to discover the root cause of the issue.