We have a Task Report which uses a!queryProcessAnalytics(). On our Production instance, this report is unable to retrieve results

We have a Task Report which uses a!queryProcessAnalytics(). On our Production instance, this report is unable to retrieve results due to receiving the following error: "The report generation was cancelled by the system after 3890 ms. The time limit for generating a report is 2000 ms. (APNX-1-4275-008)]".

Our Production instance has a very large amount of Tasks. I found another note on the forum which mentioned to increase the timeout on the "server.conf.processcommon.MAXIMUM_REPORT_MS". Is this still recommended for 7.11 and if so, are there any potential drawbacks to increasing this timeout? Or, is there a better way to have a report handle a Task Report with a very large amount of data?

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-213190

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @johng Yep, earlier I was referring to pagingInfo while talking about batches.

As per my understanding, in this case, you may be experiencing an issue with the Portal Report object but not with the Tempo Task Report object(as you retrieve the records in batches when you are querying the analytics). If my understanding is correct, then I would leave to Appian's core team to comment on the consequences of increasing the limit of server.conf.processcommon.MAXIMUM_REPORT_MS.

If you are further interested in this topic, I would suggest exploring the documentation at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.2/Report_Performance_Details.html just in case if you haven't gone through this. I see that you have applied a filter namely 'Started within the last' and limited the results, so I assume that you are aware that the data filtered in the report can't be queried by functions such as a!queryProcessAnalytics(), fn!getportalreportdatasubset() etc.
  • @johng Yep, earlier I was referring to pagingInfo while talking about batches.

As per my understanding, in this case, you may be experiencing an issue with the Portal Report object but not with the Tempo Task Report object(as you retrieve the records in batches when you are querying the analytics). If my understanding is correct, then I would leave to Appian's core team to comment on the consequences of increasing the limit of server.conf.processcommon.MAXIMUM_REPORT_MS.

If you are further interested in this topic, I would suggest exploring the documentation at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.2/Report_Performance_Details.html just in case if you haven't gone through this. I see that you have applied a filter namely 'Started within the last' and limited the results, so I assume that you are aware that the data filtered in the report can't be queried by functions such as a!queryProcessAnalytics(), fn!getportalreportdatasubset() etc.
Children
No Data