How can I call a robot from another robot in Appian RPA?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to call a robot from another robot. What I'm doing is some sort of test automation using robots, so I have a supervisor robot and a worker robot. I start the supervisor robot who does actions and then assigns tasks to the worker robot. At that point I would like to call the worker robot directly, that is when the supervisor robot has finished.

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Antonio

You can do it setting up Actions. From  Monitoring > Actions screen you can configure actions that will be activated when a certain event takes place, such as calling a robot when another has finished.

In this section you can set up actions as follows:

where Depending on options are:

Where the definitions of the parameters are:

• Action detail: The detail of the action, which in this case is the robot to be launched
    • To event: The type of event that triggers the action, for example the end of a robot execution.
    • Depending on: Conditional value to start the action, in this case the robot and its result that will launch the execution.

For more information you can go to

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.2/rpa/console/monitoring.html

I hope that helps

• Hi Antonio

You can do it setting up Actions. From  Monitoring > Actions screen you can configure actions that will be activated when a certain event takes place, such as calling a robot when another has finished.

In this section you can set up actions as follows:

where Depending on options are:

Where the definitions of the parameters are:

• Action detail: The detail of the action, which in this case is the robot to be launched
    • To event: The type of event that triggers the action, for example the end of a robot execution.
    • Depending on: Conditional value to start the action, in this case the robot and its result that will launch the execution.

For more information you can go to

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.2/rpa/console/monitoring.html

I hope that helps

Children