How to Mass delete Rules folder?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a way to mass delete Rules folder. Is there a way to cleanup up old rules folders?

Thanks in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi riang, In order to delete the Rule Folder - first you need to find the Rule Folder Id, which is not directly available as we cannot see the properties of the Rule Folder unlike the Document Folder. For that you can follow either of the following ways:
    1. Find the UUID of the folder and then use the function getcontentdetailsbyuuid() to fetch the Folder Id
    2. There is a function (which comes with a shared component) - findfolderbyname() - which returns the details of the folder (I am not sure which shared component is that).
    After finding the Folder Ids you can go for
    1. A process model with the Smart Service - Delete Folder - and configure the respective properties along with MNI based on the number of folders you found (by one of the above ways) to the smart service
    2. An expression rule with the Smart Service function deleteFolder() within apply() function which actually accepts multiple type input (here you need to pass the list of folder ids to the expression rule)
    to the achieve the required functionality.
    Certified Lead Developer
    As long as the folders are empty, you can multi-select at a single level within /designer and click delete. If the folder is not empty, you could do a multi-select and move to empty the folder, again within /designer.
  • Hello riang,

I understand this is an older post but just wanted to let you know that in Appian 18.1 we've released Bulk Delete in Appian Designer! This allows system administrators to delete a folder and all of its contents with one delete action. Just make sure you know what you are deleting!!

Release note here: docs.appian.com/.../Appian_Release_Notes.html